Setup Outlook 2016 for UConn Office 365 - Android
Created by: Christopher Tarricone
Modified on: Tue, 30 Aug, 2016 at 3:12 PM
First: Ensure that you have a security pin or code enabled prior to configuring your email
- Launch the Mail application (generally accessible under the all programs section of the interface). Be sure you are setting your email up as a Corporate Email Account.
- Select Exchange Activesync in the Choose your mail provider window.
- Enter your UConn e-mail address and password. Click the Manual Setup button (not Next).
- Ensure the following information is entered:
- E-mail address: FirstName.LastName@uconn.edu
- Server address: outlook.office365.com
- Username: FirstName.LastName@uconn.edu or **Some devices may require the field to be completed as: uconn\FirstName.LastName@uconn.edu
- Password: NetID password
- This server requires an encrypted SSL connection: checked
- Click Next.
- Select the data to synchronize with the Exchange Server (ie: Mail, Contacts, Calendar – choose which ones you would like to sync to your device and click theFinish Setup button).
- Click OK for the security policy dialogue that appears.
- If presented with a dialogue asking you to apply security policies to your device, click the Activate button to continue.
- If prompted to set a device password, click the PIN/passcode options, enter a code twice, then click Continue.
Note: if you exit out of this, the e-mail setup will be cancelled.
Congratulations! You should now be directed to your mailbox where messages will begin downloading shortly.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.